EDEN EATS - CLAIRE'S FRESH PERSIAN QUINOA
Today's Eden Eats is one of my own favourite recipes. Originally a Persian Jewelled quinoa salad that a food intolerant friend introduced me too, I changed it up to make it my own and it's now become my favourite go to food. It's fresh, healthy and it keeps for day's. I hope you enjoy it as much as all my friends seem to!
Handful of Fresh Corriander and Mint
Toasted pine nuts
Juice of half a lemon
A drizzle of olive oil
Salt & Pepper to taste
1) Following the instructions to cook the quinoa, using a stock cube in this water whilst it is cooking. Also soak and cook the lentils unless they have been pre-cooked.
2) Shave the carrot into thin, small shavings.
3) Give your Pine nuts a quick dry fry in a pan
4) Mix all the above ingredients together in a bowl.
5) Cook a handful of sweet garden peas
6) Add the rest of the ingredients together along with a sprinkle of olive oil, the lemon and chopped herbs.
7) Serve hot or cold with a nice piece of salmon or lamb.