EDEN EATS COCONUT QUINOA PORRIDGE
Winter morning has never felt so good!
We’ve been battling against the cold to get out of those cosy covers and start our day, but lately hitting that snooze button, again... is coming more and more tempting. When a hot cup of tea in the morning doesn't quite cut it to get you feeling warm and cosy, that’s winter calling for breakfast with a bit more heart!
Here at Element Eden we spent our morning diving very so happily into a bowl of coconut quinoa porridge, drizzled with honey and topped with poached pear and almonds, somehow winter morning never seemed so easy. We put a twist on your typical porridge throwing quinoa into the mix! This super food is super good for you and tastes even better! Take a moment to enjoy a winters breakfast the right way with this nutritious bowl of delicious goods!
With a few simple steps you’ll have your own delightful bowl of winter warming porridge to start your day feeling energized with a smile.
• 110g quinoa flakes
• 240ml coconut milk
• 240ml water
• 25g desiccated coconut
• 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
• 1 tablespoon honey
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• (optional) 1 vanilla bean
• 1 whole Pear
Add all porridge ingredients to a pot, mix together until combined stirring occasionally on a medium heat for 5 minutes, serve into bowls adding poached pear, almonds and a drizzle of honey on top!
Poached Pear Method:
1. Peal skin off pear from the stem down
2. Place 2 teaspoons of coconut sugar and desired amount of spices ( i used 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon and nutmeg) into a pot of low boiling water
3. Simmer pears for around 15-20minutes or until cooked through
4. Now you have yourself a beautifully poached pear to enjoy with your quinoa porridge!
Peace and Porridge, Element Eden x